Tracklist Hide Credits
Violin [Four Overdubbed Violin Parts], Recorded By – Tony Conrad
|2-1||Early Minimalism: April 1965
Cello [Electric] – Jan Tilman SchadeContrabass [Electric] – Matthias BauerEngineer [Recording] – Hessischen Rundfunk*Producer – Andreas Kallfetz, Roland Spekle, Werner DurandViola [Electric] – Elke BrauweilerViolin [Electric] – Lutz Wernicke, Tony Conrad
|3-1||Early Minimalism: May 1965
Cello [Electric] – Alexandria GelencserEngineer [Recording] – John McEntireViolin [Electric] – Jim O'Rourke, Tony Conrad
|4-1||Early Minimalism: June 1965 (Part 1)
Cello [Electric] – Alexandria GelencserViolin [Electric], Engineer [Recording] – Tony Conrad
|4-2||Early Minimalism: June 1965 (Part 2)
Cello [Electric] – Alexandria GelencserViolin [Electric Violins], Engineer [Recording] – Tony Conrad
- Engineered At – Steamroom, Chicago
- Mastered At – Griffin Mastering
- Recorded At – The Knitting Factory
- Copyright (c) – Tony Conrad
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Tony Conrad
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Tony Conrad Music
- Copyright (c) – Table Of The Elements
- Copyright (c) – The Sandwalking Company
- Made By – Cinram
- Composed By, Liner Notes [Texts], Score [Scores], Film Director [Video] – Tony Conrad
- Design [Early Minimalism Design] – Jeff Hunt
- Engineer [Additional] – Jim O'Rourke
- Layout [Package] – Susan Archie
- Photography By – Bettina Herzner, Frederick Eberstadt
- Video Editor [Enhanced Cd Programming] – Brad Taylor
- Video Editor [Enhanced Cd Video Editing] – Jon Philpot, Tyler Hubby
NotesReissue identified by 2002 date near barcode on bottom of box and email address and web address printed on box.
• Four Violins is an unscored recording of four overdubbed violin parts, recorded on 19 December 1964, at Tony Conrad's 56 Ludlow Street studio in New York.
• Early Minimalism: April 1965 was first performed on 3 May 1994 at Institut Unzeit in Berlin, then at Gallery 707, Frankfurt, on 5 May (which is the performance heard here), and in Utrecht at Impakt Festival on 7 May.
Produced at 707 e.V., Frankfurt am Main, in collaboration with Werner Durand and Freunde Guter Musik Berlin e.V., and Roland Spekle, IMPAKT festival voor experimentel kunst, Utrecht.
Recorded: 5 May 1994.
• Early Minimalism: May 1965 is unscored. In the Atlanta premiere on 23 April 1994, the solo part was accompanied by mechanically-bowed violins. Here in the 10 June 1995 performance at the Knitting Factory in New York City, the accompaniment parts are performed by cello and violin.
Produced live at the Knitting Factory, New York City.
Recorded: 1 October 1995.
• Early Minimalism: June 1965 is a studio work for four multitracked violins with cello. It was first realized in May 1994 at the studio of Christoph Heeman in Aachen Germany, and is heard here in a 1996 realization in Buffalo.
Produced at Tony Conrad's Livingston Street studio, Buffalo, New York.
Recorded: August 1996.
Audio Mastering: Griffin Mastering, Atlanta.
Enhanced CD programming: Khirqa Digital.
Additional Engineering: Steam Room, Chicago.
Compositions, texts, scores, and video: Tony Conrad, © ℗ Tony Conrad 1964/1996/1997.
Early Minimalism Volume One © Table Of The Elements 1997.
© Tony Conrad 1964/1996/1997/2002 ℗ Tony Conrad Music (ASCAP) 2002.
© Table Of The Elements/The Sandwalking Company 1997/2002.
Packaging: CDs housed in individual jewel boxes. Cardboard slipcase with a 96-page booklet. There is a jacket around the box.
CD1 is an enhanced CD which features interviews, performance footage and video. There are 8 sections to the enhanced portion.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 06501 10332 1
- Barcode: 806501103321
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored - CD1): [Cinram logo] L387 TOE 331 #20111Y15 11
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): L387
- Mould SID Code (CD1): IFPI6000
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored - CD2): #20114X04 TOE332 MADE IN CANADA L386 31
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): L386
- Mould SID Code (CD2): IFPI6000
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored - CD3): #20114W07 TOE333 L382 MADE IN CANADA 31
- Mastering SID Code (CD3): L382
- Mould SID Code (CD3): IFPI6000
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored - CD4): #20114X14 TOE334 MADE IN CANADA L386 21
- Mastering SID Code (CD4): L386
- Mould SID Code (CD4): IFPI6000
|As 33||Tony Conrad||Early Minimalism Volume One (CD, Enh + 3xCD + Box)||Table Of The Elements||As 33||US||1997|
|As 33||Tony Conrad||Early Minimalism - Volume One (CD, Promo)||Table Of The Elements||As 33||US||1997|