|A1||....And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps||3:11|
|B2||One Brown Mouse||3:21|
- Record Company – Ariola Benelux B.V.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Maison Rouge
- Published By – Salamander & Son Music Ltd.
- Bass – John Glascock
- Composed By [Additional Material] – David Palmer , Martin Barre
- Composed By [Music And Lyrics] – Ian Anderson
- Drums, Percussion – Barriemore Barlow
- Electric Guitar – Martin Barre
- Engineer – Robin Black
- Organ [Portative Pipe Organ], Keyboards, Arranged By [Orchestra] – David Palmer
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Shona Anderson
- Photography By [Front Cover] – James Cotier
- Piano, Organ – John Evan
- Producer – Ian Anderson
- Soloist, Violin – Darryl Way (tracks: A2, B3)
- Vocals, Flute, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin – Ian Anderson
NotesWhite text on front cover, inside the photo:
Bring me a wheel of oaken wood
A rein of polished leather
A Heavy Horse and a tumbling sky
Brewing heavy weather.
There is a different version with Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses Golden text on front cover, below the photo
This album is dedicated to: The Highland, Welsh Mountain, Shetland, Fell, Dales, Cleveland and the other indigenous working ponies and horses of Great Britain, who, however tiny or great in stature, can truly count themselves as being amongst our Heavy Horses; also, Lupus, Fur, Tigger and Mistletoe - and of course, Shona and young Master James. I.A.
Recorded at Maison Rouge Studio, Fulham, London, January 1978.
Front cover photograph: With thanks to Barley and Sir Jim courtesy of the Courage Shire Horse Centre.
All songs published by Salamander & Son Music Ltd.
First published in U.K. by Chrysalis Records Ltd. 1978.
℗ 1978, Chrysalis Records Ltd.
© 1978, Chrysalis Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: BIEM/n.©.b.
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, Stamped): 51-1175-A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, Stamped): 51-1175-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A, Etched): 51 1175-A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B, Etched): 51 1175-B
- Matrix / Runout (Var.1, Runout Side A, Etched): CHR-1175 B1 (SIDE ONE) 51-1175-A
- Matrix / Runout (Var.1, Runout Side B , Etched): CHR-1175 B2 (SIDE TWO) 51-1175-B
|CHR 1175||Jethro Tull||Heavy Horses (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||CHR 1175||UK||1978|
|none||Jethro Tull||Heavy Horses (Steven Wilson Remix) (18xFile, FLAC, Album, RE, RM, 24b)||Parlophone Music Denmark||none||2018|
|ZCHR 1175||Jethro Tull||Heavy Horses (Cass, Album)||Chrysalis||ZCHR 1175||UK||1978|
|6307 622||Jethro Tull||Heavy Horses (LP, Album)||Chrysalis||6307 622||Germany||1978|
|8CH 1175||Jethro Tull||Heavy Horses (8-Trk, Album)||Chrysalis||8CH 1175||US||1978|